Yesterday I decided my ironingboard cover needed changing. You can see why.
I also decided it was time to redo the whole thing and not just continue the patchwork that was. I'd previously recovered it twice by stapeling white cotton fabric to it but in the last years made removable covers. The removable covers tend to move around a bit around the edges though which has bugged me while ironing.
I removed the base by unscrewing it and took off all the stapled on yucky covers and yellowed disintegrating foam which was so thin it didn't really do it's cushioning job anymore.
Cut new batting by laying it flat with the board on top as a guide.
Stapled the batting to the board all the way around.
Mini helped me make sure the board lay flat as I then put the fabric face down with the board again as a guide to roughly cut out the shape.
Mini then decided she had better things to to on a Saturday and left me alone with my project.
I turned in all the raw edges and stapled the fabric to the back of the board. This is how I folded the corners on one side...
...and on the other side to get a neat finish.
Here's the finished board before screwing the base back on.
Base and iron tray screwed back on.
Hey Presto! Ready to do it's duty!